Inle Lake Wildlife Sanctuary
Location – Nyaung Shwe Township,Shan State.
Area – 248 square miles(642.32 Square Kms)
Access – Yangon to Nyaung Shwe by car
– Yangan to Heho by by air Heho to Nyaung Shwe by car
Opportunities for Study and Recreation
– Observation of world renowned wetland ecosystem at 2950 feet above sea level
– Observation and enjoyment of Scenic beauty of the Shan plateau.
– Observation and research on various type of birds.
– Observation rare species of fish
– Observation of traditional agriculture practiced by lake dwellers.
– Paying homage to Phaungdaw Oo Pagoda
– Observation of floating market
– Observation of distinctive leg rowing style of Intha(Lake dwellers)
Information about Inle Lake
– Located between 14˙ 46’ to 20˙ 38’ N and 96˙ 6’ to 97˙ 6’E in Nyaung Shwe township in Southern Shan State at (2900) feet above sea level.
– Inle Lake drains through Nanpan Creeks to Saga-in and flows into the Moe Byae dam to provide the Lawpita hydroelectric power supply
– The livelihood of the dwellers in the lake are floating garden, fishing,agriculture, Silk and cotton weaving, Silver Smith and Cottage industries